i really wanted to write about that, but i didn't think i could possibly convey in writing how OUT OF CONTROL and entirely out of place that dude's singing is.
when i told my friend mike about it, he said it sounded like east/west must've hired joe cocker. i think the comparison's dead-on.
I remember both my sister's infectious Aaron Neville fanatacism and those moving fabric commercials. For some reason I didn't place that artist in that ad.
There goes another idol. I bet Tom Waits hunts whales or something.
There's a difference between Aaron Neville solo and the Neville Brothers. Particularly when you're ten and you attend the best concert of your life, when an alto saxophonist winks at you in the middle of your favorite solo, the drummer gives you his sticks, and all members of the family give you (and no one else in the audience) their autographs. An Aaron Neville solo concert, in addition to being painful to sit through, would not have featured any of these highlights. Way to drag my good name as a music connoisseur through the mud, Brother Hirsch.
8 Comments:
i really wanted to write about that, but i didn't think i could possibly convey in writing how OUT OF CONTROL and entirely out of place that dude's singing is.
when i told my friend mike about it, he said it sounded like east/west must've hired joe cocker. i think the comparison's dead-on.
I remember both my sister's infectious Aaron Neville fanatacism and those moving fabric commercials. For some reason I didn't place that artist in that ad.
There goes another idol. I bet Tom Waits hunts whales or something.
There's a difference between Aaron Neville solo and the Neville Brothers. Particularly when you're ten and you attend the best concert of your life, when an alto saxophonist winks at you in the middle of your favorite solo, the drummer gives you his sticks, and all members of the family give you (and no one else in the audience) their autographs. An Aaron Neville solo concert, in addition to being painful to sit through, would not have featured any of these highlights. Way to drag my good name as a music connoisseur through the mud, Brother Hirsch.
My favorite is the Belden Jewelers jingle. "Straight from the heart, Belder Jewelers... Oohhhhhohwoooohohhhh"
totally. though I'm partial to the latest, slightly funkier, luti-culti Cotton ads
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
well brie I knew you'd want some forum to brag about that concert so I figured I was doing you a favor in bringing it up.
You really are a good brother.
Post a Comment
<< Home