I heartily agree. Though I haven't seen Vicious Circle (I will give it a chance since a comedian's concert film is something of a baseline for everything else they do), I changed the channel on Tourgasm five minutes into the first episode and haven't looked back.
The thing that gets me most is the ridiculous synergy that is surrounding Cook. Opie and Anthony practically reach through their microphones to give him and his gaggle of comic-friends a handjob every day -- right after they're done unnecessarily pleasuring Louis CK for his worthless output. Now. all of a sudden, Cook has over a half dozen projects on his IMDb page.
I guess the Ya-dudes needed something around which to rally. Dane Cook is their pole.
I'm not a huge fan, though I thought Vicious Circle, other than the annoying camera work, was pretty funny. I think the problem with him is that like a lot of comedians, he's kind of hit or miss, but like a lot of them, his style is such that it's annoying enough when he's missing that you don't want to stick around for a hit.
3 Comments:
I heartily agree. Though I haven't seen Vicious Circle (I will give it a chance since a comedian's concert film is something of a baseline for everything else they do), I changed the channel on Tourgasm five minutes into the first episode and haven't looked back.
The thing that gets me most is the ridiculous synergy that is surrounding Cook. Opie and Anthony practically reach through their microphones to give him and his gaggle of comic-friends a handjob every day -- right after they're done unnecessarily pleasuring Louis CK for his worthless output. Now. all of a sudden, Cook has over a half dozen projects on his IMDb page.
I guess the Ya-dudes needed something around which to rally. Dane Cook is their pole.
f-ing perfect, carl.
I'm not a huge fan, though I thought Vicious Circle, other than the annoying camera work, was pretty funny. I think the problem with him is that like a lot of comedians, he's kind of hit or miss, but like a lot of them, his style is such that it's annoying enough when he's missing that you don't want to stick around for a hit.
Post a Comment
<< Home