the big red machine
i treated myself yesterday by picking up a beautiful used guitar, the model and make of which i've envisioned as a necessary component of my idealized guitar arsenal. it has a rich, lustrous wine red finish with only a few minor blemishes and scratches, a flawless ebony neck and a perfect heft to the body. of course, cosmetics always take a back seat to how a guitar actually sounds, and i'm happy to report that this axe earns every guitar geek cliche that's ever been slapped on good, dense tone: monstrous, bone-shaking, thunderous, rumbling, slab-thick and the like. i mean, i spent half the time after i brought it home in front of my moderately-cranked amp just strumming open chords and power chords, grinning like a loon as i let each one ring and send massive, warbling walls of sound throbbing through my dome and rattling through my ribs. it's like, THIS is why i play guitar.for those of you that don't play guitar, the above probably doesn't mean shit; for those that do, you're probably wondering when i'll get around to handing out celebratory cigars.
1 Comments:
I have an Epiphone Les Paul (red with a sunburst), and I've never quite looked right holding it. I firmly believe you can pull off that guitar.
One day, I will rock with you. And when you hear me play, you will insist that it only be for one day.
Post a Comment
<< Home