my new favorite band of all time

<---- this album caught my eye the other day as I browsed harvard square newbury comics. checked out the track listing on the back, and while i was initially disappointed to discover that i hadn't stumbled upon a gem along the lines of bill shatner singing "lucy in the sky with diamonds" and "mr. tambourine man", i quickly came to realize that i HAD possibly stumbled on the greatest band ever, arriving at this epiphany in spite of the fact that i'd never heard a lick of their music.
the criteria:
1) they named themselves charles bronson.
2) the breakdown of songs on the above 2-cd set: 90+ songs on disc 1, 20+ on disc 2
3) song titles like "so what if i puked at mcdonald's", "let's start another war so i can sing about stopping it", "The painful, yet unavoidable, deathstar comparison" and "marriage can suck it".
3 Comments:
how about "They Should Legalize Drugs So You Can Hurry Up And Fucking Die?"
nice linkage. totally reciprocated grunge-o
Please please PLEASE tell me you bought it.
Ten years ago, same Newbury Comics, EP by a band called Tit Wrench, cover was an illustration of two five year-olds in a toy car with a nearby motorcycle cop, title: "Okay, Homos, Out of the Car."
Every time we went to a movie in Harvard Square, I'd find it and show it to people. It cracked me up, it was probably $6, but i didn't know what it sounded like, I was poor, and I never bought it.
One day, feeling flush from my first post-college job ($6.50/hr), I decided the time had come... and of course, it was gone. Forever. I mean, you can imagine what I came up with searching the web for "Tit Wrench."
Anyway, if you didn't do it already, go back and buy that album. Otherwise, you may end up leaving a dull, long-winded blog comment somewhere in a few years.
Post a Comment
<< Home